Wednesday, April 2, 2008

#4 of Ender's Game

Topic: Climax

The climax of Ender's Game is definitely the battle between Ender's troop and the Buggers, when the adults tricked Ender into this final battle. This is the climax because it's the most exciting part of the story, it's the point of no return, and it's when there's a big twist to the story. It's the most exciting part because there are SO many Buggers, 1000 to 1, that you don't know if Ender and the others will survive or not. It makes to tense and worried because you think the hero/main chracter is going to die soon if he's not careful. It's the point of no return because for Ender, after this game, he is finished with Command School, and maybe even finished with being a soldier. This is the final test that Ender has to pass to become free. There's a huge twist during this part though. All along Ender thought that this was a simulation, a game. However, when he beat the Buggers, he's told that it wasn't a game, but it was real. Ender is shocked (and so was I)! Real lives were at stake this time while Ender thought it was just a game. Real Buggers were destroyed once and for all. Ender had wiped out a whole population group. The conflict between the Buggers and Humans was resolved, but Ender lived with the shame of being a mass killer, when others thought he was a hero.
The climax made me feel really hopeful for Ender. I wanted him to be free and I wanted him to stop following orders around. I wanted the adults to suffer for what they had done to Ender, a little boy that was made into a Bugger-killing machine. During the battle scene I was excited and tense because I didn't know what would happen next! Actually, I didn't really get what happened except the part that Ender blew up the whole planet, which he thought was going against the rules. However, while he thought he made the adults mad, he actually became a hero to them. I hated the fact that he was deceived, even though it might've seemed right. The adults had tricked Ender for their own good, and Ender could not forgive himself for killing so many creatures. It made me mad because the adults were so narrow minded; they never sought peace, but always war. So, overall, I was mad, frustrated, and sad that Ender, a twelve year old boy, had to go through all this and at the end was even deceived. I understand why he was so mad at them afterwards, and I would've done the same if I found out that a killing game was actually real life, and I played it. I would've wanted to sleep, hide, or run away until I couldn't think anymore and was practically dead. Anyhow, I felt really angry and frustrated during this climax. How could they do that to Ender?!

1 comments:

MulticoloredBathroom said...

Hi susie this is Inhyuk.
I think differently about the climax. I must disagree.

The climax you said was the "simulated" war of human race Vs the Bugger race.

Through that, human race believes the Buggers to gone extinct. And fighting for Bugger extinction was what the story has been about. Yes, the fake game thing was a big turing point. But don't you think that the climax could also be the finding of the Queen's Cocoon?

Well, since you have all the evidence to back your thesis up, there is not much else to say ^^