Wednesday, April 2, 2008

#5 of Ender's Game

Topic: Passage

He reached into the cavity and took out the cocoon. It was astonishingly light, to hold all the hope and future of a great race within.
"I'll carry you," said Ender, "I'll go from world to world until I find a time and a place where you can come awake in safety. And I'll tell your story to my people, so that perhaps in time they can forgive you, too. The way that you've forgiven me."
He wrapped the queen's cocoon in his jacket and carried her fro the tower.
"What was in there?"asked Abra
"The answer," said Ender.
"To what?"
"My question." And that was all he said of the matter;

I thought this passage in the book was significant because it's the start of a new future for Ender Wiggin. He was always trying to find out if he was either good or bad. He was frustrated constantly throughout the book to find his identity. He asked himself why he's living, what he was, if he was good or evil. He'd have nightmares and angry moments because of this. In this passage, he is forgiven of what he did to the Buggers (wiping them out). They forgave him and told him that he was truly good inside. Ender finally accpets that he's not an evil murderer but a good person. He's thankful for the Bugger Queen because she forgave him, and promises her that he'll take care of the cocoon which beholds a new Bugger nation. He was forgiven, and he would do his best for other people to forgive the Buggers. They forgave humans, so why shouldn't humans forgive them? In this passage Ender finds his identity and begins a new life, helping the Buggers. He finally realizes that someone loves him, even if he destroyed everything they had. He's happy now and I feel happy for him too :)

0 comments: