Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Twilight

Finally I have started a new book, Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. It's a bit easier book than Pride and Prejudice, and I think I will enjoy reading it. Also, it's coming out as a movie soon so after I read the book I'd like to go see the movie and compare the two.
This book is about a new girl in town(quite a small town) who never fits into anywhere, falls in love with a vampire. It sounds like "traditional vampire story," but its setting makes it different. It's about teenagers my age and the setting is the 21st century. I think this shows a lot of how setting affects a story. Setting can make a story seem old or new. What I mean is that the setting can change the story so that the readers also change. Twilight, though the idea is old-fashioned, the setting is very modern so teenagers will read it. However, if the setting was the 50's or 60's in a haunted mansion with a vampire in a black and red tux and the woman in a long, slender dress, that would definitely NOT attract teenagers.
I hope to read more of this book and finish it quick!

0 comments: