Friday, February 29, 2008

#3 of F451

Topic : Mood

The mood of Fahrenheit 451 is very dark, gloomy, and disastrous. There's not one part in the book when it's happy or makes a joke, except when Clarisse talks (it's the only part when i feel less tense and more normal). This novel saddens me because the people in this world are sad and dumb. I feel thankful that I live in a world with freedom that I can do what I want to do; read, imagine, think, etc. In this novel, there are so many rules that trap the people in a cage. Though it seems great, watching TV all the time, driving 100 miles per hour, and never having to think, the people are actually like robots who don't have any feelings. They never laugh a full laugh, or live a full life. I laugh all the time with my friends, family, and peers. Someone makes a joke, I laugh. Someone does something goofy, I laugh. I laugh so loud that sometimes people even stare at me! But the people in F451's world never laugh like I do. They're all too busy doing....well nothing, actually. They don't do anything productive, and they live a depressing life; that's what saddens me. I'm very glad that our world isn't like that and hopefully won't ever be like that. Wel, I suppose for the world in Fahrenheit 451 to happen all the countries would have to be communists or something with dictators to control everyone, and everyone would have to stop thinking too. That would be pretty freaky and extremely sad...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea... I agree with your mood. I think the mood is very gloomy, sad, and depressing. It's pretty sad when people don't feel anything evne though someone dies. The book also said that teenagers kill each other. That's kind of depressing because they are killing their own friends.. I really didn't like this book. I think it was more because of the depressing, sad, dark,and gloomy mood--

Jane Lee said...

Haha, I was like cracking up when I read this. Anyways, I lovee how you said the mood is dark, depressing, and that there was not one joke. **I said the exact same thing~! Well, it is quite gloomy, as you said. Do you think Bradbury was that cold? Gross, but everything you said was true :). Especially how the people can't exactly think. So weirdd..

Ariel Cho said...

Yup, the mood was sad and gloomy. All the people just watch TV, or listen to the radio. It saddens me that they can't even think, but it kind of gives me jealous thoughts because I sometimes don't want to read!just jk.
Good to read! :)